Saturday, July 08, 2006

Beta

β
beta

Where, then, should I go to allay love’s pain
When mind and will it so cruelly commands
This painful torment, rending breast in twain
Can not be quenched, can neither be disarmed.
Would that my eyes had never fixed their gaze
On vampish brown eyes, on fair olive skin.
Now I am vanquished; poor heart you’ve been razed
Your world has gone dark, and gloom has set in.
But can this be “love”, I ask you, young man,
That leaves you rejected and bankrupt so.
Now empty inside you will understand
‘True’ love delivers; and so time will show.
Beware the promise that passion recites:
‘The girl you will have, for this is your right.’

Friday 7th July, 2006, Cambridge

3 Comments:

At 3:59 am , Blogger G-blog said...

I thought your poem was good...it got me thinking a lot, especailly about my situation. I really do have to wait and only time well tell me if this is true love. It's pretty scary actaully, i really do hope that things will work. And even though i knw that if things don't, God obviously has different plans, better plans, at the moment in all honesty its a hard thing to want to beleive.

 
At 4:01 am , Blogger G-blog said...

sonnet i meant, i can hardly tell the difference, never put much thought into that sort of stuff.

 
At 4:12 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll always love u tim!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home